Friday, October 28, 2016

Day 38 - A Few Grand Days with Family

Few people have the privilege of choosing their family.  I'm one of them.  I have an awesome son and two special cousins...and that's it.  I became an "only" child many, many years ago.  For most of my adult life I have adopted special friends as brothers and sisters.  These folks are as special and significant to me as one may feel about their own biological connections.

I mete Tanya many years ago and we hit it off from the first day.  We started claiming each other as siblings long ago.  I have another sister in Houston that I love with all my heart as well.

Tanya is a nurse.  She and her husband live in Placitas, a small bedroom community and former Hippie hangout just north of Albuquerque.  We parked the RV at a small city campground close by and spent a wonderful three days in each other's company. We visited a wild mustang sanctuary that she and Fritz support, met some great folks, enjoyed a few meals together and saw a b bit of Albuquerque.  We even got to take in the new Tom Cruise "Jack Reacher" film.

                                    She's a real beauty, inside and out!




        Our last evening together we enjoyed a great BBQ back at the campsite.
    

No comments: