Saturday, May 27, 2017

Day 247 - Visiting with a Dear Friend from Long Ago

Paula Getman and I have been friends for almost 38 years.  We met in the late 70's in Chicago and have been close ever since...she's another one of my "sisters."  She and her husband Mike have a lovely bungalow in the north side and her mom Ann is in an assisted living center just a few minutes away.

It was grand catching up in person instead of on Facebook.  We visited Ann, not only Paula's mother and another of my friends, but also one of my former agents.  Still sharp, she remembered me and our escapades.  It was a great visit.

We enjoyed a local lunch before visiting an architectural renovation warehouse.  Very cool.  Later than evening we caught up with Mike and went out for a grand Mexican dinner (TACOS!) at a local spot.

Lots of laughs and hugs later we said goodbye...hopefully not for another 25 years!


No comments: