Thursday, June 29, 2017

Days 287-288 - Monterey, CA

We arrived in Monterey and got a spot at the local fairgrounds.  After almost 67 years, this is the first time I ever visited the fair!  I was born in this city, lived here on and off throughout my first years, and come back often.  I have relatives here, two favorite cousins, and it seemed appropriate before departing the country that I return one more time.

Joy and Victoria are my age, a first cousin and a third cousin, and they are pretty much all that is left of my Monterey family to whom I still connect.  We spent the two days on and off with Joy and enjoyed an huge, traditional Italian dinner all together on our last evening.

Finishing up with some last minute shopping needs, we took a long bike ride around the peninsula, had lunch as a local haunt, and finished getting NiRVana ready to say goodbye.  We are now down to what will stay in the RV and the two traveling bags that we will take along on our world adventure.

It all still seems a bit like a dream, the last 11 months are a memory, and the future is opening up one day at a time.  Our immediate reservations have been confirmed and we are just about ready to take off.  A few days left in Southern California and the world awaits.

No comments: